Sea horses in my 135g

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by browntrout, Oct 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Also, I'm going to give this thread a 5 star rating because of the immense value it might pose. If you are successful, which I'm hoping you are, then this will be a great chronicle of your feat. If your not successful, then hopefully others like you who attempt to keep seahorses in the same type of environment can learn from your mistakes.

2. Click Here!

3. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

I think you might be better off in another thread.

4. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

You can start with this article and if that isn't enough information you can post on seahorse.org and Ann or one of the others can help after you give all the details they need as in tank conditions and how long you've had the horse, how long the problem has existed, tankmates, etc....
    seahorse.org - Gas Bubble Disease

5. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

6. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Even if this works, people must know its not right to keep a seahorse in a reef, its not there enviorment, yes they may surive but they will never thrive.....

Example....i could live in a 8x8 room my whole life as long as i have a bathroom and food.........just food for thought

1 person likes this.
  7. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Well it looks like this thread has ran it's course. Im out. I will enjoy my amazing mixed reef tank. I simply see no need for further updates. If these guys live I will always have nasayers if these guys die I will get the biggest "I told you so" line. Not worth it to me. I had hoped to pass on some valuable first hand experience but it looks like the reef crowd is way beyond closed minded for me. Thanks for the + comments I have received. I will keep you guys updated on the seahorses via PM. I no longer wish to share the ups or downs of this experience with such a brainwashed crowd.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I wish you wouldn't quit the thread. However if that is what you want to do, You could always post a new thread to let us know your progress in a few months.
    Either way I would really appreciate it if you would PM me with updates on them to let me know how they are.

10. Kirklandp

Kirklandp Coral Banded Shrimp

I was hoping it would come to this. SOme were beating the hell out of a dead horse not going anywhere. PM me soon and well talk positive. rayjay I know your trying to help but damn son, be constructive. And ocean paradise, I agree man, debates are awesome. But in this thread he knew what he was up against and he is and will be staying with this. Quit trying to prove your point and lets all go read an unread post lol.... Great tank, Great horses, Great forum. And ocean paradise, if you pull that live not thrive card then anyone here who has any form of livestock, Cattle horses chickens geese etc, thats also in your words cruel. For anyone that has a dog, thats not there natural habitat. a cat same thing. Man you cant really say that becasue of the animals we keep today. Of course were gonna have the occasional person whos an ass to their animals but thats them. Browntrout + to you. out

1 person likes this.
  11. TROYBOY84

TROYBOY84 Feather Duster

thanks for pushing him over the edge ocean. I was hoping for some great updates. anyway brown out good luck to you.

12. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Im not going to shade the truth...

also i received many karma points in the thread for my post so yea pretty sure my comments were not wrong .

And not true about cattle, when some one has a cow on 35 acres thats different then a sea horse in a warm tank with lots of flow fighting for food.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.