Sea horses in my 135g

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by browntrout, Oct 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Thank you I did most everthing myself as well. I just need to skin that frag tank stand. I actually welded that up out of steel.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

you should totally do it!

4. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i have the 20L for mangroves i can add seagrass ans sea horses its low flow any who

5. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Im really tempted to. Im so in love with seahorses. Maybe for my birthday:party007:

6. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

i hope they work out too.
    if they do then it will be a mega told you so for all of us.
    but im still not so sure....

7. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I really do hope he'll be able to say "Toldja so". I'm really against the idea, but since he's already thrown them in there, I'm keepin my fingers crossed for his success.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol i wish i could have seahorses so i can have both horses of the land and the sea :D can't wait for that thread!

10. Jane Fury

Jane Fury Plankton

BrownTrout: I think your tank looks beautiful as well as the Ponies inside. I commend you on your hard work to make these guys healthy and happy.

If it doesn't work out: you learn from your mistakes, and that is the bottom line.

Everyone has their opinions & they will always be different. But if you are a good aquarium keeper (which based on your pics, it seems so). Sometimes you just have to go with what your gut and heart is telling you, take good care, and let the chips fall where they may. It's safe to assume that no one on this forum can say that they never watched a fish/invert/coral die on their watch..it's hard and a bit traumatizing, but in the end, it is the biggest lesson learned (not to say that this is a good way to learn....it obviously is NOT)

I also just want to mention that I am a VERY sensitive person by nature...and that about 60% of these posts would have hurt my feelings, or put me into defensive mode....And believe me when I say I went through them ALL! hehe

No offense to anyone in any way. This is just MY opinion :)

Much respect to all. Viva la 3Reef!

11. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

hey, since you've done more reading than me, what have you found out about gas bubble disease in seahorses?

12. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Man, what a read! I just went through this entire thread for the first time and I have just a few things to say. First off, your tank looks great! Secondly, I commend you for stepping outside the box and trying what only few have succeeded at. I mean where would we be today if nobody tried something new or difficult. People once thought that breeding saltwater fish in a home aquarium would be impossible, but I have seen numerous threads about people raising several batches of clownfish and look at all of the places selling tank bred fish. Finally, I wish you all the luck in your endeavors to keep these seahorses. I think they are fascinating creatures. I'll be following this thread and monitoring your success or hopefully not your failure. Keep the pics coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.