SCWD Fix - Cleaning

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Malachi, Sep 29, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

no, one day i just notice a pile of scum flotting on top of the nozzle. So after watching it for a half hour and then crying for a half hour i put this post up. They called me once and i was not home. They told me to send it back and they would send me a new one. That is fine and dandy but i need to get back up and running as this is my entire current system beside my protein skimmer. I e-mailed them if they could send me a new one and i would even give them a credit card # to hold onto for security. No response.

2. Click Here!

3. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Also, i can not gauranty it did no squeak. As i was not home much that last two weeks. Which also did not help fixing my problem, best freind just got married so i was drunk a lot.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oh man!
    Well I took mine off today and there didn't seem to be anything noticably wrong about it. Blew in it, back flushed it, may put it back on tonight. I'll keep you posted.

5. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

I also could not see anything wrong with mine. Had the flash light on it and it looked clean. I did move it closure to the pump to see if that would prevent this problem in the future. Also found out why a check valve in the line is a good thing. Old piping did not.

6. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

They just sent me a new, one but never told me. So know what do i do???

7. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Well vinager only solved the probelm for a week. Good thing they sent me a new one, now i have to rip my piping down again!

8. Click Here!

9. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Man I soooo want to buy one of these. You are bumming me out not sure if I'm going to get one.

MATT how is yours doing? Still making noise?

10. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I have had mine running for 2 weeks now with no problem.....

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=somethingfishy link=board=ASAP;num=1096461371;start=15#16 date=10/14/04 at 18:33:05]MATT how is yours doing? Still making noise?[/quote]

Not too bad now, I took it off and rinsed it out. Much better. I guess occasional cleaning may be called for, but worth it for the price.

12. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

I am hoping mine is just a bad apple and the new one will solve all my problems. It is great when it runs right. Installing the new one tomorrow. I will aloso send the old one back and see if i can get a report on why it keeps failing.