Unresolved Scroll coral turning pale...

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Daniel521, Nov 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Forgot to mention. That is a lovely tank BTW. Very colorful and healthy looking. :)

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel521

Daniel521 Flamingo Tongue

Thanks man... Still tinkering with the lighting... Still can't get exactly what I'm looking for. One day it's to blue, then to white, to pink.... Waiting to hit the lottery to play with LEDs Ahhhhhh lol

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Sorry to hear about the coloration issues, but on a side note the tank looks great.

and p.s. Corailline is a girl. lol

1 person likes this.
  5. Daniel521

Oops... Thanks girl lol

1 person likes this.
  6. Daniel521

Ok new update... The coral has almost completely turned white, but the polyps are still bright green/yellow. Should I be target feeding this coral to help it along or is it taking a turn for the worst?

[​IMG]

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

After reading your post a couple of days ago I saw a thread on another forum that dealt with this.

" The higher up the darker they are, the lower the more yellow" . How true that is I have no idea, just a thought. Regardless the change is due to a difference in lighting IMO.

As long as it still has healthy tissue and polyps that is a good sign that is is adapting to your lighting.

If you try and target feed it will need to be very small particles as the polyps are so small.

Please keep us informed, love the documentation BTW. :)

8. Click Here!

9. Daniel521

The coral is still white, except where it looks to be shaded from the light... It's still brown/yellow in those small areas. I've been trying to target feed it with reef roids a couple times a week and it's polyps still look like there in good shape/color. Here a picture of it tonight under the moonlights. I'm still crossing my fingers things are gonna turn around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]