Scopas tang

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by muggle, Aug 22, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. muggle

muggle Purple Spiny Lobster

wife just surprised me with new fish for tank-

120g

She purchases a scopas tang

Feedback on these guys

Think tank size is ok

Let me know thoughts

2. Click Here!

3. Hoopastank

Hoopastank Spaghetti Worm

I don't know really a thing about these fish, but here is some I for from liveaquaria.com

The Scopas Tang, also known as the Brown Scopas Tang is yellow, dorsally, and brown, ventrally. These colors gradually get darker from front to back. The body is covered with fine, intricate, light blue markings. The tail is a solid brown color. Juveniles are a little more attractive, with larger dorsal and anal fins and a slightly purplish body color.
    A 125 gallon or larger aquarium is necessary to provide plenty of swimming room. It is aggressive towards its own species or tangs in general, and best kept with only one per tank.

Although Tangs will eat meaty foods along with the other fish in the aquarium, it is important that they are offered plenty of marine based seaweed and algae. This will strengthen their immune system, reduce aggression and improve their overall health. Offer dried seaweed tied to a rock or use a veggie clip, and feed at least 3 times per week. Sea Veggies, Seaweed Salad and Ocean Nutritionare all ideal products and are very easy to use.

Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 1-1/2" to 2-1/4"; Small/Medium: 2-1/4" to 3-1/4" Medium: 3-1/4" to 4-1/4"; Medium/Large: 4-1/4" - 5-1/4"; Large: 5-1/4" to 6-1/4"

Hope this helps!

4. muggle

muggle Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks

Got 1 chromis too

Hoopastank likes this.