Sci-Fi Geek ornament advice question..

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by HellFire4881, Oct 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

clearcoat paint would work for a little while. but it wouldnt keep coraline from growing on it. I suppose you could put several coats of clear on it to protect it more.

2. Click Here!

3. HellFire4881

HellFire4881 Plankton

thanks mate, is clearcoat paint designed for aquarium safety in mind?

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

nope! But once it tries, it should be fine. You could also use a clear epoxy paint thats intended for aquaculturing.

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Trekkie here. Can answer most Star Trek trivia. I'd put my faith in a photon torpedo and shields before I'd put it in the force.

And I HATE Zombies. I make sure I am prepared for them. Plan on upgrading to an RFB soon.

And I am also hopeful Sponge Bob will be around when my daughter gets old enough for cartoons (9months now). I'm a fan.

6. SeanS

SeanS Astrea Snail

I would find out what they use on boats for clear coating the bottom, that stuff should be safe.

Also, I would not be worried about the resin as much as the paint that was used on it. That is what will leach chemicals into your system. I would clear coat it for that reason.

By the way cool idea. I also like the lego pirates idea. If only the had some real good looking skeleton type guys.

7. HellFire4881

HellFire4881 Plankton

Thanks for the info... anyone got any brands of Clear Coat that they can recommend?

thanks;D

8. Click Here!

9. SeanS

SeanS Astrea Snail

Did you ever follow up on this?