scenario1313 Planted FW Build

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by scenario1313, Dec 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

OK I just got this one up and running and going to go get some plants for it Thursday. Just wanted to show a little progress. I still have a few things to do but its a start and I have my 120 reef build going on at the same time. Lighting is 2 x 65 watt PC and as for a filter I have a Fluval 305 canister on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Dang dude!!!! You are really going all out aren't you???!!!!! I like the dedication!!!! Keep the pics coming. Have you ever done anything like this?

5. scenario1313

This planted tank will be the first. But hey why not give it a shot.

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Did you see That Guy's planted tank? Just seeing that made me wanna try.

7. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

those are some sweet sticks!! The key to an awesome FW planted tank is the hardscape IMO. So far you are looking good. If it were me setting up that tank i would slope the substrate more so it is higher in the back and the two stones on the left should be brought more to the foreground if used at all. Check out the "golden rule" and if followed correctly you will have a tank that is extremely pleasing to the eye.
    Aquatic Eden: The Golden Rule of Aquascaping - Freshwater Planted Aquarium Blog

i see your tank going in this type of direction 211.jpg (image)
    Very cool :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. scenario1313

Thanks for the input and link That Guy. I will slope the substrate and yes I think the two little stones are going to go. I am getting some plants tomorrow when I go pick up my salt for the reef. That 211 pic is awesome and i can only dream of making a smaller version of that one. I will attempt it as that is the fun part. It is one of the best freshwater tanks I have seen.

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Dude, you should get a turtle. Whenever I see planted tanks, all I think of is how awesome it would be to have an aquatic turtle in them. :D

Looking good! Take out the water, and that would be a sweet tree frog enclosure. Me want plants! (and a turtle)

11. That Guy

just a word of advice....if you are planning to plant any low growing carpet plants like dwarf baby tears, dwarf hair grass, glosso etc.... empty the tank of water and plant first!

12. That Guy

and that tank (211) was the AGA aquascaping contest "best in show" winner from this year. So it is quite the feat to try and mimic that!
    You should check out the other entries to get some ideas brewing for a planting scheme.
    2008 AGA Aquascaping Contest