SCAquariums.com

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by rcflyer1388, May 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

Anyone on here have any experience with this tank manufacturer? Ive read decent reviews on their skimmer line. On their website they have this nice 90 gal reef ready tank that the price is too good to be true. I'm wondering if the quality of the tank is good and won't leak! lol.

Dave

2. Click Here!

3. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

I can only speak on the skimmers and they are very good for the money. The guy even sent me a new impeller for free when my first one started making a little rattling noise.

4. rcflyer1388

I would imagine it's the same service for the tanks as well. That's good to know they didn't brush you off with that.

5. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Their skimmers have excellent reviews. I just bought one and hooked it up Tuesday.
    SCAquariums recently joined 3reef as a sponsor as well.

6. rcflyer1388

I read that and the skimmer reviews and I'm going to purchase a skimmer from them but no one wrote about their tank lol. I might pull the trigger on the tank lol.

7. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Thought I'd throw up an update.

My SCAquariums 301 skimmer has been running for a few months now.

Super quiet. Pulls out some nasty stuff! Super easy to clean and adjust.
    I love it.

8. Click Here!

9. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

+1 FB,

I've been using the SC150- (name changed to SCA 302 I think), I even had a thread somewhere about this skimmer. I think I've had it at least 18months- cleaned it a few times. The price has gone up since I bought mine, however it is still a great deal.

For me- Brand new in the box skimmer for my 125 reef system, shipped to my door- $95!
    I think they are like 170ish now, maybe less.
    Definitely the best bang for the buck, so glad I bought mine, still very happy with it also.

I wonder how that tank purchase worked out for that poster- think it was the OP?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  10. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Echo that.
    *I should note I was referring to the removal of the cup for easy cleaning. The body on my 301 doesn't come off so one would have to use some type of sponge\pad on a handle to get the inside. Should be easy enough tho if one ran it in vinegar for a number of hours first. Mine was $81 at the door! Man, can't beat that!

I dunno if the poster purchased that tank...

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Right FB,

My body doesn't come off either! I use a sponge/scour pad in some long thin metal cooking tongs, and some vinegar, etc.
    I now also keep a light shield between my chaeto lights and the skimmer, I used to get some pretty serious coralline build up on the inside

12. rcflyer1388

Nice! Like to hear that their skimmers are a good bang for the buck. I'm certain that their tanks are just as good also. Can't wait for tax time! lol