Scapel use?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by oceanparadise1, Sep 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

im about to place my order and wondering if this is really used that often in fragging....would a razor do just the same thing? what does every one use the scapel on and is it worth buying?:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

I've used a razor, new and clean, I've also used a clean craft blade, like on an Xacto knife, just clean it well after using. They've worked as well as my scalpel blades. What kind of coral are you going to be fragging?

4. oceanparadise1

Well i am getting the tools, i have zoas sps lps softies everything just wondering if a scapel really works better then a razor or like u said exacto knife

5. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

The first thing I used was the razor blade on my button polyps. Nice clean cuts, no mess. Then I fragged again with the Xacto, and the third time I alternated between the razor and the scalpel on the polyps and I actually prefer the razor, I just feel like I'm getting closer to the rock and really getting a smooth cut to the base of the coral. Happy fragging!

6. oceanparadise1

coll that saves me 10 bucks lol

7. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I use razors also

8. Click Here!

9. RGA107

RGA107 Astrea Snail

i use an exacto knife i like the ease the you can change blades and the many differant shapes of blades come in handy