Sand Sifting Goby

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by ClimberChris, Jun 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ClimberChris

ClimberChris Flamingo Tongue

Other than the Bullet Goby which grows to be fairly large and somewhat territorial, what other Gobys will sift through sand really well?

2. Click Here!

3. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

I have a diamond goby...and he is always sifting ~~ don't know about the rest ...not the coolest looking fish...but the hardest worker in the tank by far !!

4. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

+1 i have a diamond goby & he is constantly at work....i liked the gold head sleeper goby better but i never did have good luck w/ those so i got the diamond goby instead & i dont regret it at all...he doesnt seem to be to territorial and will get good sized i suppose since mine is probably 5" now or a lil more

5. dixiedog

dixiedog Coral Banded Shrimp

Another +1 for the diamond; he's a real worker, and peaceful.

6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

7. H&K

H&K Flamingo Tongue

i had a cyano out break and bought a orange spot he cleaned up my 75g in no time he is always busy sifting and peaceful and if i remember right the bullet gobys are the ones that scoop the sand then go to mid water coloum and sift it so it gets all over everything

8. Click Here!

9. ClimberChris

I had a bullet for about a year my sand looked it was shelled by artillery all day. That stinking fishing would make a mess :D

10. ClimberChris

I will go with a diamond goby, I only have a 46 bow front and they are a lot smaller and less aggressive than the bullet gobys.

11. jackerma

jackerma Bristle Worm

I had a diamond goby that did a good job sifting sand. It died and I nver really knew why...It appeared healthy, so I tried another. It died. Maybe just my luck though. (It did a good job with sand though) Now I have tried a Dragon Goby. The one I got is a bit larger (4 inch) This thing is a beast with the sand. He spreads it around so much sometimes it can get into a whirlwind : )