Sand bed mixture

Discussion in 'Sand' started by chrischick, Mar 1, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chrischick

chrischick Astrea Snail

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

IMO crushed coral looks bad in a tank and it is hard to work with. I like the argonite sand.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

CaribSea is a little pricey, but nice stuff. In this pic I like #00932 Aragamax select or on the bigger side, the Seaflor.

I too prefer the sand to the crushed stuff.

[​IMG]

5. chrischick

chrischick Astrea Snail

So what would you suggest out of the link I posted???Because thats where im going to be ordering from. I was kind of thinking 90lbs of aragamax sugar sand...and pick up some live sand around here(10lbs) to seed it with...100lbs would be great for my tank eh..

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

A lot of people use the sugar stuff. So if that's what you want, shouldn't be a problem.

I like the bigger stuff myself, and both my original suggestions are on that page too.

Your call. ;) :)

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Ya I would go with aragamax sugar sand or the select. Either or. They look very similar. Quite frankly I wouldn't worry about LS. it will soon be live once seeded by your live Rock. and from your other thread I would avoid paying local prices.
    Pretty cool that J&L's is having a sale on sand. I think I'll pick some up for my soon to be 40G

J

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I like the smaller stuff. Any of the first 4 in Matts photo.

10. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I use the Fuji Pink in Matts pic. it's the middle one in the first row of three.
    J&L sells it, but it's more $$ for less but it's also the live stuff they sell

J

11. chrischick

chrischick Astrea Snail

So A friend of mine recommended that I use 40lbs of seafloor special, and 60lbs of the sugar sand mixed together. He also said just to dump it in the water, what do you guys think? Or just keep it 90lbs of suger sand? Let me know what you guys are thinking..
    Cheers
    Chris...and thanks for your time and input ;D :D