Salty Supply to introduce WYSIWYG FHI REEL REEF Live Aquacultured Rock

Discussion in 'Salty Supply' started by saltysupply, Jun 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltysupply

saltysupply 3reef Sponsor

Keep a look out this week in our live rock section for the highly demanded FHI REEL REEF Live rock. For those of you unfamiliar with the live rock there is some information below. This rock is really great stuff, no pest's 100% aquacultured to help keep pressure off the reefs.

We will be offering 100% WYSIWYG Rock with Photos and Videos for each box. Fiji Tukani and other will also be available in 50-55lb boxes.

[​IMG]

REAL REEF a bio-active living rock.
    Saving the World's reefs one piece at a time!
    With the increasing demand and environmental impact of the Live Rock trade, FHI Coral Farms developed REAL REEF in response. Real Reef is a trademarked patent pending American aquacultured bio-active living reef aquarium rock.

Real Reef is a 100% environmentally friendly Live Rock substitute. It is a clean calcium carbonate rock with great buffering ability, shape, color and everything else you like in a great live reef rock. There is no curing required, as it is packed directly from the FHI farm's grow out tanks and sent directly to you the retailer.

Real Reef doesn't have unwanted hitch hikers such as crabs, aiptasia, sponge, flatworms, bristleworms and other nasty creepy crawlies! Real Reef looks, feels and aquascapes like real live rock. Most Aquarists think it's better than the real thing!

It's time as a hobby and industry we start looking into the future and protect this hobby we all love so much. Try aquascaping with Real Reef today.

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

I'm confused. Is it cycled? Is that purple coralline or is it just that color?

4. Zeyphon

Zeyphon Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I think it's a synthetic made rock, completely coated in coralline, looks really nice, wish this stuff was around when I was setting up my tank and dropped 5$/pound on crappy Fiji live rock.

5. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

How is the weight/volume? How much per lbs?

6. saltysupply

The rock is partially coated in color, however it is seeded with coralline in greenhouses and has a lot covering it, the nicest part is no pests...boxes are generally 60lbs and we can do shelf rock or nano rock as well for special order.

Price point should be around $6-8 per lb depending on shapes and sizes. Its much lighter weight than competing cultured rock, shapes are awsome and no pieces are the same.

check out this video, you can't beat purple rock right out of the box
    YouTube - ‪Fish Heads, Inc. + FHI Coral Farms Presents: REAL REEF‬‏

7. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

I wouldn't need anything more than (guesstimate) 20lbs. for a 29gal but it really depends on the actual weight of the rock. Without holding it, it's hard to get an idea of how much I'll actually need.

8. Click Here!

9. saltysupply

we could easily cherry pick you 30 pounds of rock, we are going to have wysiwyg boxes in many different sizes.

10. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Be sure to update when you guys get it and post some nice pictures ;) Thanks for answering my questions!