Saltwater plants

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by DBOSHIBBY, Oct 22, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

So my next build is going to be a little bit of the box thinking and im wondering if there are any other plants other than mangroves the will grow out of the water?
    there will be plenty of rock out if the water so also looking for stuff that mjght grow on the rock. The rocks will be damp with water at all times tho but not submerged.
    Weird questions I know lol

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

you going for like a waterfall/volcano effect? sounds cool.

4. oldfishkeeper

you going for like a waterfall/volcano effect? I would think some kind of moss might work.....? sounds cool.

5. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Something like that ofk!
    planning on some bonsai type mangroves and some other stuff, just dont want to give to many details out yet lol
    I was thinking like a moss kinda thing too but ive searched quite a bit and I cant come up with much. Ide rather not go the fake plant route. Thats not a reefers style lol

6. oldfishkeeper

there is that one infamous "volcano" tank on the web - I'm guessing you've seen it, I'd see if that has some ideas for out of the water plants on the rock......I'll think about it some more too and see if I can find or think of some other ideas.....

7. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Oh yes read everything about that tank. Gave me alot of ideas. But mine will definitely be different but same kinda idea.

8. Click Here!

9. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

I think a tank with a lone, well developed, bonzai mangrove would be amazing. Build it and the lighting around keeping the tree happy. Add livestock as a perk, not the other way around. Think planted tank, not reef tank.

10. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Your pretty close, only with a couple more cool factors added in :) 48x24x12 or 16. Should be cool.

11. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark