Safety First!! - Glass Thickness?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by SUMTIN FISHY, Dec 17, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SUMTIN FISHY

SUMTIN FISHY Plankton

Hi!! I'm A New Member To This Wonderful Site. I Have Decided To Restart Fishkeeping After A Bad Experience With My Old Tank Approximately Four Years Ago. It Was A 1000l Tank That Literally Burst On Me After The First Top-up.not A Nice Experience. I Now Have A 275l Tank Dimensions 1000mm X 500 X 650mm(l X W X H), Made With 10mm Glass. Could Someone Assure Me That I Won't Have The Same Problem. Second Question I Have Is:i Intend Running A Leng Sy Ecosystem Reef Aquarium And Would Like To Know The Flow Rate Of My Pump In My Sump Return To The Main Tank. Live In South Africa And The Reefkeeping Hobby Here Is A Very Expensive One.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Is this a production aquarium from a manufacturer or a custom built tank?

As for the flow rate on ecosystem, this is what I found:

I used to help build custom aquariums but that was back in 1993 so my memory is a little foggy on glass thickness, maybe someone else can chip in here.

Regardless, welcome to 3reef!

And be sure to get on the the 3reef member map!

4. SUMTIN FISHY

SUMTIN FISHY Plankton

My Tank Was Built By My Local Tfs. Thanks For Your Speedy Assistance. Just A Bit Worried As I Would'nt Want Another Disaster.