sadly no doubt Ich has hit my Flame Angel, (update 1)

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Swisswiss, Sep 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tangerA

tangerA Plankton

Raise temperature of your tank to 84 degrees for two weeks. Ick cannot survive at that temperature. Then slowly lower temp back down to normal levels.

Hope this helps

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

yea thats actully what im doing, no hospital tank no tra la la, raised temp. to 28°c and lowered salinity to 25

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

No No No, marine ich can survive just fine at 84 degrees. This is not a treatment for marine ich but rather fresh water ich to very different diseases, not even related.

Your better bet is to bulk up feedings, garlic, selcon, ect.

Because unless you lower the SG to 1.009 you will not touch marine ich, this needs to be in a QT.

And again, yes you may speed up the reproductive cycle of marine ich, but that is all you do when raising the temp. It falls off the fish faster, you can not see it anymore, but it's in the substrate reproducing getting ready to infect the fish again should the conditions become right.

5. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

it is reproducing in the substrate etc but marine ich has a specific life span without a host so if you up the temperature you do shorten the life span giving it less time to find a host however i do agree QT is best option but if thats your only option then i dont have much more to recommend