Saddle Clowns with Cotton Mouth

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by MagReef, Sep 9, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MagReef

MagReef Flamingo Tongue

Will Melafix fix this or what is the best way to get rid of this? I guess the one had it when I bought him a couple weeks ago. I didn't notice it start progressing until a couple days ago, so I have the pair of them in a QT and am treating with this Melafix stuff. Also, I have this stuff by Ruby Reef called Rally. On the back of the bottle it says:

For treatment of tropical or marine fish that show signs of flagellated parasites (e.g., marine velvet), gill flukes or external bacteria infections (e.g., fin rot). Safe for all fish (including scaless fish), plants, corals and invertebrates. Will not affect biofiltration.

Does anyone have experience with this stuff? Also, in English what all will this cure?

Thanks,

Cari

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Get yourself some Mardels Maracyn 1 and if not signs of improvement in 48 Hrs use this Maracyn 2 Had to say if it is a gram negative or positive bacterium that is causing the trouble . But 99.99 % of the time the Maracyn 1 will do the trick..

4. MagReef

MagReef Flamingo Tongue

Will I need to put some carbon in to take the Melafix out or just put the Maricyn in? I have put two doses of the Melafix in and they are both looking alot better, that stuff says treat for seven days though. I think I am going to go with what you said, I just need to know about the carbon and/or should I do a water change. They ARE in a QT.

Thanks for your help.