s 150 sick

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by AcidRayn, Mar 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AcidRayn

AcidRayn Astrea Snail

hey, take a look at this video, any ideas?

it was working great, i turned it off to clean the cup, and this is what its doing.
    just big bubbles and no rise, no matter where its adjusted, and micro bubbles are pumping out of the hole around the venturi inlet, my whole tank is full of micro bubbles as the bubble traps are not catching all of them

Esshops s150 - YouTube

2. Click Here!

3. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

If mine doesn;t work, I tend to check the hoses. Its almost always something with the hoses and usually the air hose

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

You didn't take it apart? If it's letting bubbles escape around the venturi it would seem the pump isn't installed right or the venturi has slipped.

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I'd clean and remount the pump and venturi.

6. AcidRayn

AcidRayn Astrea Snail

Some history. I got this used for $50. It was very clean when I got it. It's only been in service for a week and I am not used to the characteristics of it
    I let it run over night and what ever it's issue is has been worked out as I had a cup of wet skim ( I left it on H).

The bubble loss at the Venturi concerns me. Anyone who can post a video of the area around their Venturi inlet so I can see it working would be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep this posted.

Thanks