S-120 Economy Cone Skmr Review(Final Review w/ vid)

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by reefmonkey, Jul 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

If he let this cup of skimmate settle, you would probably find a layer of sand in the bottom of the cup.
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

It's about full enough to let settle again. We'll see. But of course when there is no sand you'll say I cleaned it out. You're right about no bio load, doubt that a golf ball sized urchin puts out much waste. There will be fish in it soon enough and we'll see then.

The rock I used in this "new" tank sat in a bucket for 2 weeks after being taken out of my 46, the sand was taken from a system I tore down and washed in water from changes on my 90 until it came clear and nothing more. Don't make assumption of anything until you know what you're saying. When this system has a bio-load I fully expect this skimmer to perform just as well as or better than this PSK 100-H that was on the system the sand and rock came from!
    [​IMG]

4. libog2fish

libog2fish Fire Shrimp

yeah that's true...
    i guess will have to wait and see.
    I'm very curious on how the eshopps 120 vs. the swc 160 goes head to head.

5. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

Hey I got an ideal take 1 sump split in half each with their own feed, put the swc in one side eshopps in the other may the best skimmer win... haha prolly wouldn't work as easy as that but i def think the system needs slot more time to mature before any real debate begins on which skimmer is better based off of his results

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Everyone keeps thinking this is a comparison. Primarily because they can't seem to read.

There was going to be a comparison but it was decided by me and the other skimmer guy (Mike Rice w/ SWC) that no good ever comes out of comparison threads so now it is just so you can watch it work over the next few months. Really not that hard to understand people, get it together.

7. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

fine with me :D def still interested to c how this skimmer performs over the next few months :D

8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

This is about 24 hours of effluent collected after dry skimming.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

New video with a new camera. Also check out the new Phoenix 14K on the right. :cheesy: I love the color from this bulb. Ordered one for the other side about 10 minutes after firing it up.

11. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

i love how your bashing me.....
    all i was saying is that you will be able to see what it can really do when the tank matures and you have a bio load.......

but who cares. i own 5 Eshopps skimmers.(2-PSK 300's, S200 cone, PSK 150 insump, HOB100.) and love every one of them!!
    i have a S200 cone skimmer, and it rocks. (you should see the gunk it pulls)

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

HA! I wasn't bashing you son. Sorry if your feel goods got singed :cry:

So if you have 5 Eshopps skimmers why aren't you aiding in promoting an excellent company instead of pointing out what you see as flaws in this thread?
    You didn't even have the courtesy to direct your comments at me but chose to engage a conversation with another that is an obvious troll and then make a single post (#41) that is so detrimental to the entire purpose of this review so far.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011