Running with Blau Aquaristic

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Barcelona's Blau Aquaristic could run with the bulls in the USA with their full line of aquarium products but unfortunately they don't have a distributor yet. I hope that changes. From algae scrapers to rimless aquariums, Blau has the bases covered with some quality goods at great prices. My eyes were drawn to the big skimmers, but I really began to appreciate the craftsmanship in the aquariums and sumps. All the aquariums were rimless with beveled edges. The sumps had good baffles and innovative freshwater reservoirs for ATOs. The big sump I was looking at was only $199.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nice sump with freshwater reservoir for ATO. An interesting feature in a sump.

[​IMG]
    Blau Aquaristic's 25 gallon Reef Ready Kit (illumagic LED included at the raffle at MACNA!)

Blau's 25 gallon Reef Ready aquarium is popular and I can see why. It is a rimless aquarium with round corners and "ultra clear" glass. The Reef Ready kit comes with stand, sump (with a freshwater reserve), overflow and plumbing. There is also a starfire glass option.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tend to gravitate toward big skimmers with dense bubbles and Blau's Xcuma needle-wheel skimmers with Reef Motion pumps had me staring. The pumps range from 2000 l/h to 7000 l/h. They were quiet with seriously nice bubble production. I stared some more until I realized these looked like blue Reef Octopus skimmers with Bubble Blaster pumps. Heh. I think I prefer the blue.

[​IMG]

Blau Aquaristic's overflows are nice too. This 'durso' style overflow above reminds me of the one I made a few years back:

[​IMG]

I think their's is a little nicer. :)

I really thought the design on this Blau overflow with integrated return was cool:

[​IMG]

Blau Aquaristic's Lumina T5HO Lamp:

[​IMG]

Lumina T5HO Lamp Features:

• electronic ballast
    • high efficiency aluminum reflectors made in Germany
    • 1 plug and switch per each 2 T5HO fluorescents
    • forced ventilation
    • made from corrosion resistant special anodized aluminum
    • steel wires to hang up
    • stand mounts for aquarium

These are just a few highlights of a robust lineup from Blau Aquaristic. I'd like to see more some day.

Blau Aquaristic's North American distributor is up in Canada - Marine Tech Innovations.

Marine Tech Innovations

I hope somebody gives them a call and gets Blau down here!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Excellent write up. That reservoir is a great idea as well as some beautiful other products. And thank you for that link I'm going to look into some of their stuff.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

5. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Any pricing on the skimmers? The pumps look like the Bubble Blasters from Reef Octo.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Looks like everything is slightly modified reef octo stuff. Has to be good.

8. Click Here!

9. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

so can we buy any of this stuff??