Royal Gramma and Wrasses?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by tarheel, Feb 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tarheel

tarheel Skunk Shrimp

Anyone keep them together. Most sites say that either is compatable with most peaceful fish, but I have read of some isolated cases of RG's terrorizing fairy wrasses and sixlines? Anyone with some experience?

2. Click Here!

3. John Alston

John Alston Astrea Snail

tarheel, I'm currently quarantining a fairy wrasse that I hope to be introducing to my dt (which has a recently added RG) in about 4 weeks. I have also heard that the two don't get along so I am also interested in getting feedback from others. My lfs guy did not have any problems with this mix. He's fairly knowlegable and we talked at length about compatibility so I'm hoping the tales I am hearing now are isolated cases.

4. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

I have a leopard wrasse and a purple pseudochromis together in the 55 right now.
    It's been over a month since adding the purple pseudochromis and no problems yet with the wrasse as far as I can tell. Good luck

5. tarheel

tarheel Skunk Shrimp

Thanks guys, I guess it is like alot of fish in this hobby and may be dependant on the one you get. Anyone else mix these two fish?

6. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I will say that if the Gramma and Wrasse are not going to mix it won't take a month to find out. The Wrasse will probably be dead within a week or so. I have expereince with having a Gramma first then adding the Wrasse. Maybe adding the Gramma last would be better since he is very territorial. In general Wrasse don't do well with territorial fish.
    Adam