Royal Gramma...2 Questions..??

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by JJL, Apr 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

I am feeding my royal gramma regular marine flakes with infused garlic in addition to the occasional frozen brine....My clownfish seem to be all over the brine, but the RG does not show much interest. The RG is getting a lot of food, but how can I MAKE SURE my RG gets the brine??Do they usually eat brine?
    Also he really does notseem to be out much. I understand they can be shy, and he is out some times, but could there be something wrong? I know there is not aggreesion beause the 2 clowns are very peaceful, and they stay on a completely different side of the tank. How can I make the RG feel more comfortable?Does it take more time for him to acclimate?
    (I have had him for 2-3 weeks)
    Thanks!
    JJL

2. Click Here!

3. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Why do you want him to eat the brine? Brine shrimp is like popcorn for fish, no real nutritional value.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Give the RG time it will become more adventurous. Also I agree with m2434 on the brine. Get something with krill and other marine invertebrates to feed the fish.

5. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Yea I also have krill...I did not realize the brine has no nutritional value...I will feed krill and the flakes...Thanks for the response
    JJL