RowaPhos Phosphate Reducer ???????

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Jay, Feb 3, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Has anyone used this? How does it compare to Purigen?
    I am going to order and have heard good things about Purigen but Purigen does not state that it will remove silicate.....only phosphate. Does Purigen remove Phosphate? What should I buy?

Everyone Please????

Also I posted 2 days ago trying to help this guy with his tank and cant find his thread. I think his name was saltybox or box-O-salt. Can anyone direct me to this thread please?

Thanks guys

Jay

2. Click Here!

3. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

4. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Bump Bump...anyone? I already ordered it bit some advise from a user would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I've heard it works. No experience, but I've read good things. Let us know!

I just got Phosban which is supposed to be nice and ordered the Phosban reactor.

In the past I've used PhosGuard I believe, which worked as well.

6. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Man I hope so, I have to get a hold on that bloom in my 55 gallon. Its starting to come back after I cleaned the rocks. I need to buy a Phos and sil test kits.

Jay

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

This is the Phosphate remover I use. It doesn't compare to Purigen as it is only for the removal of Phosphate. So I guess it would relate to Phosban. I have heard reports from my LFS that Rowaphos is more efficient and is not made from Aluminium.

Taken from the product description from www.jlaquatics.com (http://www.jlaquatics.com/cgi-bin/shopping/jalstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=rw-phos0250)

ROWAphos is a completely new phosphate-eliminating chemical developed in Germany. Unlike the aluminium-based phosphate sponges on the market, ROWAphos is a granular ferric hydroxide chemical capable of binding large quantities of phosphate, silicate and arsenic by adsorption. It is completely safe for aquariums and does not negatively influence water quality in any way. No output of substances like aluminium as with other phosphate sponges will occur. When exhausted it does not release back into the water.

Depending on phosphate levels in the aquarium, ROWAphos can rapidly reduce phosphate levels to ZERO and can last for up to several months before having to be replaced. ROWAphos can be used in a canister filter or simply placed in its enclosed sock at the end of the main filtration process/

Jason

8. Click Here!

9. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

That sounds a lot like FRITZ Photsphate Remover....is theres aluminum? I didnt think so

10. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

My order should be here this week. I will keep you posted as to the results.

Jay