Rotating jpeg/gif banner

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Renee@LionfishLair, May 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

HALP! Can anyone recommend software to make an easy rotating banner? The different pics would have to be variable in speed, for the most part, so people can read them easily.

I was using Ulead and it seemed to be rotating perfectly, but when it was uploaded, it ran through the pics faster than a 2 year old after a 1lb Easter Bunny and a costo size pack of Peeps.

Please push me in the right direction!

2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

$20 bucks to whoever can get my banner working!

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I want $20. :)

The same thing happened to me when I made a banner for the 3reerf header banner conteat last year. I think itI was caused something wrong with the coding in 3reefthe webpages(not sure if others had the same isssue).

I spoke to Matt about it and he didn't know why the .gif file was moving faster. I ended up just slowing down the frames per second in order for it to display properly online.

This was in Adobe Photoshop, but it is the same issue you are having in Ulead. So I would think it should be the same fix.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Send it to me (PM me for my email), I'll do it for free and you can give Sean the $20. Its easy in Photoshop :)

6. Renee@LionfishLair

I would appreciate any help. I'm about to loose my mind. I'm not even computer illiterate, as I managed to figure out how to put together a website with a book for Dummies and a mouthful of original curse words!

I'm hiding in the closet on my iPad at the moment, as to not disturb my visiting parents who are not loving their 4-1/2 hour time zone difference. I would love to sent them to you tomorrow.

It speeds by so fast at the moment, it's impossible to read.