Rose bubble split

Discussion in 'Frags' started by trevor_cheese, Jun 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. trevor_cheese

trevor_cheese Astrea Snail

So i found half of my rose bubble tip in another part of my tank today. Seems to have split on its own. Does this happen often??? I shoved the new piece in a crack in the live rock and it seems to be fine so far....will i need to watch them close or anything??

2. Click Here!

3. dunc101

dunc101 Flamingo Tongue

Congrats on the split! That's a good thing. As far as splitting goes, some split every few months and some split every year and a half or more. It really just depends on water params and the rbta itself.

4. jcono

jcono Astrea Snail

A word of warning- be careful if one half starts floating around looking for a spot it likes- it can get sucked into a powerhead if they are not covered properly- thats what happened when mine split- one half got obliterated... NOT a good experience!

5. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

When anemones "split" they are actually reproducing by making a clone, IIRC.
    Congrats, the more the merrier :)

6. trevor_cheese

trevor_cheese Astrea Snail

So far so good and its still attatched where i placed it. When can i go about feeding?? Also the new split is close to my galaxea frag so im wonderimg if i should re-locate the galaxea frag? Ive read galaxeas sweepers are pretty vicious

7. affordable Aqua

affordable Aqua 3reef Sponsor

Mine split and within a week or two, I have 2 that combined are LARGER than the original.