Rose bubble anemone missing some bubble tips

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by stepperbabe, May 7, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stepperbabe

stepperbabe Astrea Snail

image.jpg I have a rose Anemone , Ive had it for three weeks now , it seems to have lost some bubble tips on the outer edge of it , could it be dying , my water is balanced and good I have Blunova led lighting. Over it , and med flow it eats once a week a small piece of fresh shrimp , but then it shrinks up quite a bit , it never moved since it's been placed in my 55 gallon tank , which I've been having for 3 yrs ,any advice would be appreciated ,

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I don't think it's dying. It's normal for nems to close up and look shriveled after feeding. Something could be nipping at it like a shrimp trying to get the shrimp from the nem. I've had that happen to my frogspawn. As long as water is stable I would just leave it be. Maybe go a couple weeks of not feeding.

Mr. Bill likes this.
  4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Agreed. :)

FTR, with sufficient lighting and fish being fed in the same tank, nems don't require target feeding. Feeding too often or too much is extremely stressful, and it can cause an internal infection that usually leads to death.

DSC reef likes this.