rollie pollies

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by mufassathelion, Apr 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mufassathelion

mufassathelion Skunk Shrimp

Ok heres the deal.. they to small and too fast to get a picture of. but they remind me and look exactly like a rolie pollie. yeah u know them bugs under rotting wood you always find. however they are roughly 1/16th of a inch, almost clear and seem to b thriving in a star polyp colony i have. i was wondering if anyone has had that before. i only seen it one day cuz i have a magnifying glass that sits in front of my tank and one day poof movement caught my eye and i have been watching since..So if anyone has any clue please let me know so i can do more research on the lil bugers. lol thanks to all.......mufassa

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

4. mufassathelion

what kinda pod is it imean ive seen 2 or 3 in this colony but like i sed they too fast to get a pic are they the good, the bad, the ugly, like i sed this is the first time ive seen em. they are about 1/4 the size u find under wood?

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Hard to tell without a pic, as that rough description could fit a lot of them. Could be copepods or isopods. I would hope for cope's...

Do they look like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mufassathelion

i will try and get a picture. i just seen it agin and its clear greyish in color and not really like that pic. BE WARNED the picture imma gona try and get will also be threw a magnifying glass.

7. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

probably are amphipods. they are good guys. if they have giant eyes tho, they could be isopods, which COULD be bad.

8. Click Here!

9. Annie3410

That gives me the heebi geebies!

10. mufassathelion

ok batteries are dead right now. but i was looking at the hitch hikers page and wellllllll the 2 that i see look alot like the mantis shirmp. i cannot clarify that for i havn't gotten to see the tail end. they are small though but body wise look exactly like the middle mantis in this picture.

Attached Files:

11. Annie3410

do you see them everywhere at night with the lights off? if so they are amphipods.

12. mufassathelion

i only see 2 of these. day and nite. they look alot like that mantis 3rd one over but i can tell if it has a tail or not as it scurry's fast threwout the colony. the 2 i see are _ yea long seriously that small. maybe a scosch longer. ... maybe like that the 3dots.