Rods Food is the best

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by DaDaAtlanta, Nov 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

I just thought that I would share this. I feed my fish a 1X1 piece of rods every other day (spectrum pellets other days) and usually just put it in the tank. Today I tried to feed the tank the rods by target feeding with a turkey baster to the coral and feeding response from my coral was like nothing I've seen before. I target feed phyto and sometimes cyclops but never had a response anything like I did today with the rods. My fish were also able to eat ofcourse and my corals like it. Even some of the mushrooms closed up to eat. This stuff is the best and I use the veggie blend for my tangs, the fish and inverts love it and so do the coral apparently. I'm gonna ditch everything else and stick to the good old Rods Food alone. Maybe a nori sheet every now and then though :)

2. Click Here!

3. Tbstr3

Tbstr3 Skunk Shrimp

yea the food is awsome just not sold everywher yet (im trying rod i distributed your food to ll the stores i could lol)

4. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

i wish i could find it locally

5. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

I think if you request your lfs to get it they might though. I been using it for over a year. It was easy for me 2 get it cause its from Illinois.

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I am a fan of the rods reef food as well.

You feed a 1x1 square of rod's to your 55g? I don't even feed that much to my 200g tank.

7. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Ya one of the LFS here (In Truckee) got some in for us. Its great. Everything in the tank loves it. I'm sold on it.

Edit. And ya I feed way less than that to my 55.

8. Click Here!

9. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

The water content compared to other foods is very low so the frozen 1x1 cube you feed is probably a little overkill. Rods is great stuff. Luckily I can get it locally, probably the same place as horkn. I usually feed a small 1/4"x1/4" piece to my 72. Thats usually a little too much too. All my fish and corals go nuts for it. Its like a chunk of every bit of ocean food all in one pouch!

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Sounds like I need to look into this.

11. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

k well maybe its a 1/2 inch, but whats a good feeding schedule with the rods. Do you guys feed anything else at all to your tanks?

12. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

1"x1" is probably overkill. I feed about 1/4" x 1/2" piece every other day and that's pretty much it with the exception of a piece of nori a couple of times/week. This is pretty much the only food I feed. I'll give my nems a piece of shrimp every now and then too. Every few weeks I'll feed mysis instead of Rod's but not that often at all.

I let the Rod's melt in a cup of tank water, swish it around, and dump a little in at a time. The corals all extend their feeding tentacles without even spot feeding them.