Rod's food at any of the local LFS's?

Discussion in 'RARS' started by pgoodsell, Oct 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Hey just wanted to see if any of the stores around Reno have Rod's food. I want to try it, but because its frozen they have to overnight it. After shipping Im looking at 50 bucks for some food!!! Way to much.

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

What PetCo or PetsMart? No.
    Maybe try some next time you order fish or coral?

4. pgoodsell

Petsmart has no frozen food at all. The north Petco doesn't, maybe Ill check the South one this weekend. Just didn't know if maybe Jan's or the ones at the lake do?

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

The Petsmart in Spanish Springs has frozen. It's where I get mine. Unless for some reason they have stopped in the past two weeks? But no Rod's.
    I am not sure if Jan's or Tropics has any. Maybe try calling. I have only been to those places once.

1 person likes this.
  6. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

I just visited Jans this past week to pick up some frozen veggie food and don't remember seeing any Rods foods.

1 person likes this.
  7. pgoodsell

What. I asked the guy in there and he said no, what a dumb ***. I have been driving all the way to the north Petco to get it. That sucks. Thanks for the info Pack, I can save some gas money now! :)

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Yeah, I go to the one by the newer Costco out on Pyramid Highway. They don't sell saltwater creatures of any kind, but they have a bunch of frozen food, salt mixes, additives, etc. The freezer is on the front side of the store right at the end of the freshwater tanks.
    It's not the best selection but it's what we got to work with. Frozen food wise they have everything PetCo does.

10. pgoodsell

well I guess it doesn't have to be Rod's. Just looking for something with all the sizes in it, big for the bigf fish, medium for the smaller ones, and the really small bits for my zoa's. Thanks for all the quick replies.

11. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

Have you tried Pet Station in Tahoe or Truckee. Or Kelly at Tahoe Coral and Fish Farm (ReefMonkey) and one more Reno Coral but I forget which forum he is on ....here, the monkey or TheReefTank those are both dot com's of course

Sorry to the mods for mentioning other sites. If it's not cool erase them pls

12. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

i think the south petco has frozen
    i dont think they have rods though

for frozen they have veggie, blood worms, mysis, brine shrimp, and i think they had some that were mixes of those. but no rod's food