rodi

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by dimpthepimp, Mar 9, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dimpthepimp

dimpthepimp Bristle Worm

Hello just had a quick question about my rodi system. I installed one under the kitchen sink. The system I have is rodi water and drinking water. Well I was wonder since I have no longer an aquarium anymore. and don't use the rodi will it ruin the membrane and the do resin not using it?

2. Click Here!

3. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

You will want to make sure the membrane stays wet. I think the resin has a short shelf life but it has to stay wet too. So you will probably have to replace resin when you use it again depending how long it is.

4. dimpthepimp

dimpthepimp Bristle Worm

Its installed I'm just not using the rodi part. Thank for the quick reply.

5. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

If it's like my system, you are using the RO membrane for the drinking water, and the DI part applies after that point.
    I would sterilize the DI part and replace any cartridges before using the DI part again to prevent any problems from bacteria.

mdbostwick likes this.
  6. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Simply remove the DI filter since it will not be needed. DI resin has a short life so don't worry about keeping the resin or cartridge, toss it and buy new when the time comes you decide to use it again.