RODI unit: is this one any good?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Seano Hermano, Mar 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Thanks, that was helpful. What do you think of the unit you got from Air, Water, and Ice?

2. Click Here!

3. wiigelec

wiigelec Fire Shrimp

I was in the exact boat you are in needing a unit and not having the money for a "good" one. The AWI was great for the price and with the upgrades I have made is a fantastic unit currently. Yes over the long run it has cost more than buying a Spectrapure upfront, but filters will eventually need replaced and I was able to buffer that cost over a couple years so it has worked well for me...

4. Seano Hermano

I read the rest of your thread, and see you ended up upgrading the DI side of the unit.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  5. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Go with Spectrapure, they are the ONLY manufacturer or vendor who specially treats all their membranes to increase both their GPD and rejection or removal rate, tests the membranes for quality control, uses absolute rated prefilters rather than nominal rated filters and best of all custom blends every ounce of their DI resins based on thousands of hours of testing results.
    Untitled Document

The MaxCap membrane is even individually hand tested and guaranteed in writing to be better than 98% rejection, you won't find that anywhere else at any price.

6. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

AGREED!!

(Hey AZ, how's the desert treating you?)

7. Seano Hermano

8. Click Here!

9. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

The pressure tank will kill your membrane and di resin from the constant on and off cycles and tds creep. I said that before.

Sent from a phone.

10. Seano Hermano

*sigh* Sorry, Raven. I'm not understanding how to make this work....would I have to buy two separate units? :confused:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. wiigelec

wiigelec Fire Shrimp

It's not a problem, just drain the tank once a week and let it refill overnight...

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The Buckeye Reef Residential is a good unit. It is a true reef quality system with an added drinking water kit. I do not believe it uses the pressurized RO water to make DI but you can ask Russ at Buckeye.

It does not have a treated and tested membrane, absolute rated filters or custom blended DI resin but its still a good choice compared to all the ebay quality crud and Buckeye is a great vendor to do business with, Russ is top notch.

Startin' to warm up around here Seabass! Summers right around the corner.