Rod`s Food Coral Blend

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by chris adams, Feb 1, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Ok so I did some digging and came across an old thread by Corailline which she used Rod's Food but not the Coral blend. Since her tank was the bomb I am interested in try Rod's Coral Blend

Wondering if there are others here who can provide some input on their experiences with it?

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

The Coral Blend is relatively new and was not available to her back then.;)
    I have used the regular Rods food before and it was eagerly accepted.

Heres a little info from MD-
    Rod`s Food Coral Blend Information

The Coral Blend was developed later, by requests from the SPS fraggers out there that want to feed their frag tanks only, or for the 8 gallon nano-tanks that have no fish.

For the Coral Blend, we have removed all greens, the shrimp exoskeletons and a few other ingredients that are found in the Original Blend. The particle size is also much smaller than the Original Blend.

Ingredients Include:
    Shrimp, Scallop, Oyster, Clam, Squid, Brine shrimp, Frozen red cyclops, Fish eggs, Oyster eggs, Golden pearls (all sizes), Garlic, Selco, Astaxanthin (Haematococus pluvialis), Beta-meal (Dunalliella Salina), Spirulina, RO/DI water, Freshly harvested rotifers, freshly hatched baby brine shrimp.

Manufacturer Info

Rod`s Food
    Rod`s Food have many years of experience and learning that has made their blending process unique. Rod`s Food is made by hand in our U.S. facility, not machine processed overseas. They use whole animals, not just tails that are available at any local grocery store. Using the whole animal provides the most nutrition. No unnecessary gels or food binders are added to Rod`s Food. And their foods are not water packed! Most users are amazed by how a small amount of Rod`s Food can feed an entire reef. A little goes a long way!

4. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Thanks Vinny. I did see that and have been reading other threads on web but a lot seem to be a few years back.

Since I take 3reef opinions in high regard I like to double check.

"I don't now why I question the web as we all know everything we read on the Web itself to be true ha ahahahah

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Make your own Chris.Then you don't have to worry.;D

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Hi,

I will just mention that I have used every Rod's Foods, and personally I like the original because of all the veggies.

Thank your for the compliment on my tank, it was since been taken down but I appreciate the nice words.

Thank you Vinny for information regarding Coral Blend.

I am sure there are other frozen foods that are made up of the same ingredients as Rods. As a cheaper alternative I have tried a few, non of them were as good as Rods. I like the consistency of the mixture and the size of the food particles. It's easy to make a nice slurry for LPS and such.