RO water

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by willist0, Oct 4, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. willist0

willist0 Astrea Snail

Can someone please tell me the difference between RO an RO/DI water, and can I use plain old store bought RO water for top offs.

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Ro removes between 90-99% of impurities depending on the quality of the system.Rodi removes 100 percent. Removing all impurities assures that you are not adding harmful contaminates to your system. I recommend purchasing your own Rodi system to control the quality of water.Spectrapure is the company of choice for me.

Av8Bluewater likes this.
  4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

RO=Reverse Osmosis
    DI=Deinonized

Most reefers end up getting their own RO/DI unit and making themselves
    and yes- you can use tap- 1.not as recommened, 2.store bought, or 3. homemade

5. willist0

willist0 Astrea Snail

Does an RO/DI system have to be"installed" or can it sit on the kitchen counter when in use and be put away when not in use/

6. Vinnyboombatz

You can use a simple adaptor to hook the unit up to a faucet and run the waste line into the sink drain. So yes.☺

7. Vinnyboombatz

It is best to keep the filters wet so it will be heavy. Installing two shutoff valves to keep water from coming out.One on the drain one on the output.

8. Click Here!

9. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

You could simply have it sitting under the sink but "installed". Which could simply be plugged into a water line. Then when you want make water just turn a valve instead of pulling it out to sit on the counter all day. Would be a very simply plumbing job. On reason I like a permanent station is it just automatically makes the water for me.. if I use water a float valve opens in my water making trash can .. when it's full it turns it self off. Before I had that I had quite a few floods.
    But even if you just sit it on the counter you could still have a float valve in some sort of container so it will automatically turn its self off.. that's probably the most important part. It's easy to forget about them.