RO water.

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by starfish2217, May 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

That was helpful :) I will try to do 5% weekly .. haha and it evaporates like a gallon I swear :p

2. Click Here!

3. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

i didnt read the whole thread but u dont have to have it under the sink..u can hook it up to a hose outside and have it pump into buckets outside and when your done you can put it in the garage..

4. starfish2217

Yup thats the plan :) Im hoping the one I want will come with a hose attachment or something.

5. saints fan 420

well it should but if it doesnt you can buy one for a couple bucks from home depot

6. starfish2217

Good! nice and simple. I can handle that. now which one to choose :)

7. saints fan 420

which rodi unit to pick?? is that what ur asking or which hose adapter end thing

8. Click Here!

9. colin779

colin779 Plankton

I got my ro unit from bulk reef supply, it was a "design your own" custom unit. I did a 4 stage 75 gallon per day. I did not add the di part of it because its not necessary where i live. The cost of mine shipped was only $167 or something like that, that included the garden hose / utility sink adapter and a flush kit for it. You should be able to get one for much less then that from them if you are doing a smaller gpd.

10. starfish2217

yea what RO/DI unit to pick out. at a reasonable price

11. saints fan 420

well spectrapure is that best at around $3 benjamins..

ive also heard the 4 stage rodi units on ebay work pretty good also and they are around 70$.. a few people on my local club use them and also i cant remember what site it was but some people bought the ones off ebay and they said they were very pleased with them, all the water tested 0tds...

its all about seeing your budget, and then googling every single one and reading multiple reviews google picks up.. and then kinda go from there..

what is your budget.. also for your 40 breeder, u only need to do 4 gallon waterchange a week..so u could get away with a 50 gpd unit which are pretty inexpensive..

12. starfish2217

Im pretty much maxin out at 200.. thats the most im willing to spend on an RO/DI unit. Im thinking about getting one from amazon its a 4 stage and it doesa bout 75 gpd and it has a life time warranty. but I might look for something even cheaper if it will work. I will look on Ebay tho 70 $ sounds awesome. and 4 gallons a week is it?? thats easy. I was thinking I had to do more than that..