RO water.

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by starfish2217, May 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

So my mom pretty much says No way will she let me put an RO unit under the sink, or let me hook it up to a water line. Don't ask me why I tried to explain it to her she thinks its a pain the the butt and she says we don't have any room under any of our sinks and went on and on and on. Whats my best option?? just to but RO water from my lfs?

2. Click Here!

3. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Yes buying it is your best bet what I did was show her how much it will save! You have to make it sound good for them :) right! So take the cost of a gallon and how many gallons u use a week and devide that by the cost of a new unit it will let you know how long tell u will be saving money showed my mom that day she bought one! And she uses it for bottled water and my bro uses it for his lizards to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DarkEarth

DarkEarth Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do you have to place it under a sink? This idea seems to clash with your mothers wishes.

Why not just use the unit as needed out in the garage, or attached to a garden hose out in the backyard?

5. starfish2217

I already tried explaining the cost :( its like 50 cents a gallon at my LFS and she I told her that I will need to change about 30 gallons twice a month ish and she just doesn't see that its worth it.

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

What about in the laundry room? I just added a splitter to the line going into my washer, put the waste line in the drain with the washer drain line, and slid the unit on the floor next to the washer.

7. starfish2217

I didn't know you could do thaaaaat. How do you hook it up to the garden hose? I could probably do that :D

8. Click Here!

9. starfish2217

This is a good idea however she won't let me put in in the laundry room either. I know that much hahaha

10. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Omg wow my Lfs charges 20 cents a gallon and 60 cents for salt water!!!!! Way worth it for youv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. starfish2217

FOR REAL right? I can buy premade saltwater for like 10 bucks ... .. for 5 freakin gallons. its soooo lame.

12. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I would rearrange underneath one of the sinks with the most room, and show her exactly where it would fit without removing anything that's normally there. That's what I did.