RO / DI units

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by tim_s, Sep 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tim_s

tim_s Flamingo Tongue

Hi Everyone,

As the subject says I am looking for an RO/DI unit - what is recommend for the 100 GPD range?

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

spectrapure
    then BRS.com or buckeyefieldsupply.com are all good;)

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

^^^
    what he said :joker:

5. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

^^what they said. spectrapure is the go to unit.

But to add, try to use the search engine. this is a question that has been asked hundreds of times. and your answer will be no different than the other 5 RODI threads. Sorry, if I'm coming off rude or snarky. Its just that all too often people new to the forum ask redundant questions without even a casual search. its up there ^^ in the black bar.....on the right.

6. Spoonman1979

Spoonman1979 Plankton

Bulk reef supply, best value period.

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Calling AZDesertRat ;D

I actually have a BRS system, and have no complaints about it. I do think the value is there. However, I will be replacing the filters and membranes with those used in the Spectrapure systems instead of through BRS. There are plenty of threads on here with all of this explained in more detail.

8. Click Here!

9. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Spectrapure hands down.
    No other vendor treats and tests their RO membrane to improve their performance to better than 98% and increase the GPD. No other vendor uses the better absolute rated sediment filters to protect the important carbon blocks pores from being fouled or plugged and rendered useless. No other vendor custm blends every ounce of their DI resins in house based on tens of thousands of hours or real world testing. Only one other vendor that I would suggest uses the much better capillary tube flow restrictors so you can customize the waste ratio to meet your exact water conditions. The list goes on and on but there really is a difference.

You might read this before deciding:
    "Why should I switch vendors and go with SpectraPure?" - Reef Central Online Community

or some of these:
    SpectraPure - 3reef Forums

SpectraPure Water Purification Products

The whole thing comes down to, better filters last longer and work better so the system ends up costing you much much less in the first year or so of use plus you get better water quality so a healthier product for your tanks.

10. tim_s

tim_s Flamingo Tongue

I see the spectrapure is getting good ratings.

11. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Always has for over 25 years. if you happen to run across any old Freshwater and Marine Aquarium (usually referred to as FAMA on the reef forums) you will find Spectrapure ads going back decades, thats how long they have been researching, developing and building reef systems. They don't just slap some off the shelf parts together, everything is designed to work together from start to finish then tested for months or years before it is introduced to the public.

I happened to be in their shop a few days ago buying some parts for my UHE and drinking water systems and they gave me a peek and some new innovative stuff that will rock the RO/DI industry in the coming months. Some really cool stuff that will definitely keep them on top!

12. tim_s

tim_s Flamingo Tongue

In terms of GPD - personal preference / requirement but I am looking for a system that can produce 100 GPD for my 110 gallon system.

Any insight on why I might want to increase or decrease the GPD?