Ro/di unit info

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Harleylay, Jan 18, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Harleylay

Harleylay Plankton

Looking for a ro/di unit is the one from bulk reef supply any good? I was looking at the stage 4 for $129.00 anybody have that one is it any good? Is there another one that people recommend? Also I have been reading about people topping off everyday does the water really evaporate that quick? I don't add water everyday.

2. Click Here!

3. HeiHei29er

HeiHei29er Gigas Clam

I don't have a BRS RO/DI, but I hear many people talk highly about them.

It depends on your tank, humidity in your home, how tight you want to keep your salinity range, etc. My system goes through a gallon a day. I use the ATO so that it gets top off water throughout the day and stays stable rather than a salinity drop once a day when I top off.

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Take a look at the refurbished units from Spectrapure, you get much more for your money and they are not used systems at all. You will get a better sediment filter, better specially treated and batch tested 90 GPD RO membrane, custom blended DI resin, an inline pressure gauge and a better capillary tube flow restrictor all for around $125. All you should add, to any system no matter the vendor or brand, is a good handheld TDS meter for around $20-$25 and you are set.