RO/DI unit? Are these good brands?

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Destimondia, Dec 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Destimondia

Destimondia Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

4. Destimondia

5. Destimondia

it seems awesome though, i'm probably going to get it!

6. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

The BRS RO/DI system is good, but spectrapure is running a holiday special until the 31st. There are alot of people that are using them on here. I just ordered mine yesterday and I got the shipping notification today. They are refurb systems, but done by spectrpure. Here is the link....

Untitled Document

The $120 90G/D system is all you should need.

Like I said the BRS system is very good too. Which ever way you go you should be ok.

7. silor

silor Sea Dragon

I'm all about brs too but you can't beat this MAXPURE MPDI SYSTEM
    And its a spectrapure ! You will be hard pressed to find a better deal on this good of a unit IMO.

8. Click Here!

9. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

+1 on the Spectrapure, and that is a really good price.

My advise, get the most GPD that you can when looking into a RODI system, if you live in a state that gets cold in the winter, the production of your RODI will diminish some. Unless you want to buy a booster pump or use hot water (not recommended, bad for RODI) then you are going to have to wait longer. I wish I had gone +1 on the RODI that I have.

10. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I have personally used the coralife unit, and i found it to be garbage, After a few months i was getting tds readings of over 50 from that unit, I made the switch to spectrapure, I got the 180g cspdi model, Its true about the colder climates. Im up in canada, pretty mild round here for this time of year but its still cold out. Im only getting around 60 gpd right now because of how cold it is.

Btw dont use Hot water, Alot of Hot water tanks are made from metal and will leach a lot into your water.