ro di problem

Discussion in 'Air, Water & Ice' started by majik44, May 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. majik44

majik44 Plankton

I need some help I have a 5 stage reefkeeper system , the problem is the water going into system is 400 tds the good news going out is 0.00 tds
    I am running 2 di filters refillable but I am having to change out di resin about every 60 gallons I make water for my 300 gallon reef system,I am spending alot of money on resin,i have a .5 micron filter on my first stage
    but it still looks clean after about 100 gallons of water i have made any help on this I would appreiciate it Larry :)

2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

How old is your membrane?

Do you know what your pressure is? What your rejection rate is?

4. airwaterice

airwaterice 3reef Sponsor

Hey Larry,

What kind of source water do you have? Is it well water or city water? If well, do you know how hard the water is supplying the unit? If city, do you know if you have any chlorine or chloramines?

What is the TDS of the water supplying the DI cartridges? DI "life" is rated at 7200PPM before it exhausts.

Our units start with a 10 mic sediment, then 5 mic carbon, then 1 mic carbon.
    100 GPD membranes are generally rated at about an optimal 93% rejection.

Let me know-

Marissa Mele
    Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Products and answers for your water treatment needs.

5. majik44

majik44 Plankton

It is city water here in las vegas the water is terrible here , I might need a membrane
    my di doesnt last no time im sure i have the cartridges in the unit thanks for your help

6. majik44

majik44 Plankton

I have only changed the 3 filters and di you are probably right i will get a new membrane
    I have no idea what my rejection rate is or pressure any help I would appreciate it Larry