RO/DI guru

Discussion in 'Air, Water & Ice' started by Land_Fish, Dec 28, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Hey everyone please welcome the owner of Air Water And Ice Walter aka the H2O Guru.
    I bought my RO/DI unit from him when he did business on ebay over a year ago.
    If you have any questions on filter or the RO/di process please ask Walter aka the H2O Guru.

Dave

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

we can always use people with good and differnt info :)

welcome H2O guru

4. the_h2o_guru

the_h2o_guru 3reef Sponsor

Thanks for the intro . I will do my best to solve porblems and answer questions . I have been at this R.O. business for 23 years now and I do know a good bit about it . Not everything !
    I wonder if anyone out there needs a new R.O. D.I.
    It seems there is a brand new one at auction on 3reef right now . The proceeds are giong to a good cause.

The H2O Guru Walter

5. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

This is something that I need to get

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Everone that has a reef should be using RO/DI water without question.

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Just a little follow up!

I just got my Typhoon RO/DI unit today from Air, Water, and Ice. I had previously had a Kent Marine Maxxima..

This one is much nicer! (and alot less expensive!) It came with everything I need to get started and then some! Of course it came with the 5 stages (already assembled), auto shut off valve, saddle valve for water pipe, drain plug thingy for waste water, plenty of tubing, tags to tell us simpler folks where the water comes in and out, and it even came with these little tiny ball valves to shut supply while changing cartridges.

It came UPS right on schedule, looks very nice, was packed well and had excellent, clear instructions ;D

All in all, a pleasant experience...I can't wait to hook it up!

Thanks H2O Guru! ;D ;D ;D

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

BD just wondering why you changed from Kent?

Jason

10. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

The Kent one had been sitting around unused for about 5 years. I would have had to replace the RO membrane as well as 1 sediment, 1 carbon, and 1 color change DI cartridge. The cost to replace those was more that what it cost to buy a new unit. I got the 5 stage unit (Kent's was 4 stage) for probably 50 -75 dollars LESS! :eek:

So, I had no problems with the Kent, not trying to slam them or anything, but the new one from Air, water, and Ice looks nicer...cleaner, with a white enamel paint with white and black tubing AND an auto shut off valve which I didn't have before. ;D -the cheapest I could find a 4 stage 60 GPD Kent was $210....but the Air , Water, and Ice is a 5 stage 75 GPD for $150 and a free shipping special.

11. saltydog

saltydog Guest

I've been doing business with air,water&ice for about 1 1/2 years. Great Team!!!