Ripoff clam

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by koiboi59, Feb 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. koiboi59

koiboi59 Astrea Snail

ok so i was looking for a freshwater clam and i found one on live aquaria for 5 dollars. when i was at the ordering page i was shocked to see it was $30 for shipping. worse then that there was a minimum on spending $29 (not counting shipping). so i would have had to order 9 clams for over $60 while the caption on the selecting menu says $5 for 1. aka: a total ripoff. anyone know where i can get a freshwater clam without spending a fortune?

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Unfortunately, anywhere you order one from will have expensive shipping. Life fish/corals/inverts require overnight shipping, which is expensive.

Your best bet would be to have a local fish supplier would order it along with his usual order. That would save you the shipping costs.

4. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Yep..when i ordered my mantis shrimp a couple weeks ago I had to pay almost as much as I paid for the shrimp for shipping. Kinda sucks..but it would take more than 30 dollars to get me to drive across the country to bring someone a box within 24 hours!

5. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

find a online store in your state.. usally here in florida Ive found a few that will ship usps priority mail for inverts.. and I get them next day because most stores are within 300miles..

6. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I bought a black tang and 2 cross hatch triggers from hawaii from a friend diver and I spend 101 in shipping. I got fish from texas and live in maine and shipping was 74. Shipping is not cheap!

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

30 for shipping and handling is pretty decent imo

8. Click Here!

9. koiboi59

koiboi59 Astrea Snail

yes the shipping was, to some extent reasonable. but i had to order 29 dollars worth of animal not counting shipping.

10. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

have u trie.d ebay? i have seen them on there idk prices or shipping tho....

11. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

if you want i can scoop you up some Rangia cuneata off of the river tommorrow when we go tear up the marsh. I can even scoop you up some nerite snails out of the marina.

12. koiboi59

koiboi59 Astrea Snail

is that a freshwater species? if it is i apologize, i have no clue what the scientific names for these animals are.