Ricordia disappearance :-o!!!

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by rcflyer1388, Aug 20, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

so here's my latest issue lol. I bought two ricordia frags from salt critters. they looked great and colorful, but man do they hate being secured. crazy glued them 3 times and they kept peeling off and ending up on the sand next to a rock. so I was like f it, if they like it there they like it there. had them for 3 months on two locations in the tank and they were growing. the night before last one of the disappear!! my first reaction was they didn't like that spot now. too bad so sad right? but last night the other disappeared!! now I'm like *** is going on here. the latest additions toy Cuc crew are these two grumpy emerald craps. They did a great job on the bubble algae but they are angry guys. if I come close with my hands in the tank they are waiting like traps with the claws up in the air fully open. I swear they are telling me "just come closer and you'll see" lol. I'm wondering, would they eat them or something? it's a very puzzling situation I'm having here.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The rics most likely detached and are underneath something.

4. rcflyer1388

yea most likely. I don't think my flame angel or clowns will eat it.

5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+1

In such a case, you may never find them again. They tend to shrink up pretty small without adequate lighting.

For future reference (or if you do happen to find those), you can't glue them down. You need to secure them to a rock with mesh netting and rubber bands (or something similar) for a couple of weeks and let them attach themselves.

6. rcflyer1388

you're right. I read that also before but when I did it was already too late for mine