ricordea mushrooms afraid of the light?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Gexx, Nov 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

ok i have 4 ricordea mushrooms. 2 green and 2 orange. they all seem afraid of my MH lighting. they always hide under a rock's shadow. any ideas? right now i have them placed on a rock with a red mesh sack over it so they can get attached to it. any ideas on how to get them to stay in the open more? the store i bought them from had them un MH. thanks to all! VIVA LA 3REEF!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

could it be that your lights are to strong for the coral and they need to acclimate to the lights

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

+1 on sean pf.
    my ric is currently doing the same thing and you are probably running stronger lights than where it came from so i would say let them do their thing for a while then gently acclimate them to the change in light to keep their color the best and too keep them healthy.

5. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

I can't get mushrooms to expand much in my tank since I got T5s. They are the only thing in my tank that did better under my weaker PCs.

6. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

right now they are at the lowest point in my tank. all of them seem to do good especially the green ones. the orange ones look kinda weird now.