Rhoads238's 60g Cube Tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Rhoads238, Jul 12, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I just learned something. Thanks for that

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

me too! that's the beauty of this hobby - always learning something new!

4. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Hey all,

I wanted to post a quick update of the new equipment that I've swapped in. I picked both of these up on black Friday from Bulk Reef. I got a new skimmer, a vertex 180i and a new light for my refugium, a Kessil A150 amazon sun. I have had them setup since early December and have seen a noticeable improvement in my nitrate and phosphate readings. Before I swapped these out my nitrate was around 5ppm and my phosphate was around 45 ppb. I am now testing at undetectable levels of nitrate and phospahate is down to 27 ppb. So far I love my new skimmer and new fuge light, my cheato is growing like crazy and the skimmer is pulling some really nasty stuff out of the water so I'm happy.

And as always a picture to go with it.

[​IMG]

MarineDepot likes this.
  5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Really? Where is the FTS. :p

6. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Alright since you asked nicely :)

[​IMG]

and a couple of extras

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Oh it's beautiful, nice. You have quite the Euphyllia garden growing there. Great looking mix of stony corals and soft with a gorgonian mixed in. It is really pretty. Thanks for the FTS.:p

8. Click Here!

9. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Hey everyone,

I figured i would drop in a quick update of my tank and of course a couple of pictures to go with it. I've put a few new additions in the tank in the past couple of weeks and its been a little over a year since my last post so i figure why not put some pictures up!

Some of the new additions are a sunburst anthias, cleaner shirmp, some random sps frags and an open brain.

As always the FTS
    [​IMG]

Our maroon clown

[​IMG]

Also It might be hard to tell but I'm having a little bit of a problem with GHA at the moment. does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of it? I've been thinking about doing the 3 days of darkness to starve it out. I also recently put my GFO reactor back on the tank to help with the issue. Nitrate and phosphate are testing very low but thats probably because the GHA is getting to it first. Any recommendations would be great!

Armydog and MarineDepot like this.
  10. Armydog

Armydog Astrea Snail

Tank looks great!

As for the gha I think if you manually remove as much as you can the gfo and cleanup crew should take care of the rest ime

11. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

This made me look into cardinals as I already had a long spine urchin. Picked up two of them. The fish reside within the spines and it is awesome. I haven't seen them spawn tho.

12. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Thanks guys.

Civic, thats awesome. I considered getting an urchin for my cardinals but mine didn't make it too long in my tank :( my malanarus wrasse beat them up pretty badly.