Review of my Jaebo DC12000 RP- UPdated

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Todd_Sails, Oct 11, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Greg@LionfishLair

Greg@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I've been looking at DC pumps lately...I'm tearing down our 100 gal setup, and will be changing out the pump when I set it back up. I've been looking at the Diablo and a couple of others, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

4. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Yes, a nice pump, but it's NOT the Diablo!
    That pump is 3000l/h
    The one I linked is 10,000l/h.

It's not the flow of that one.
    ONly 800gph at 0 head.
    I'm sure it's a good pump though, especially if you don't need the head height/flow I'll need.

6. Toallhisdoom

Well they have bigger versions of the one I have. And what 70 less then diable. I think the bigger one that is like 1200gph is only 120 so still cheaper.

7. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Indeed.

I'm working with my LFS to see what kind of deal he can get, I know the Diablo and a few others were on backorder- he said they were trying to get a US, UL listing - the guy/store is wonderfull to us reefers, ya'll would be jealous.

8. Click Here!

9. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I'm going to pick up the DC 12000 when my lfs opens this morning, great deal on the price too!
    I'll start a new thread on it soon.

10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

That pump looks exactly like the Reef Octopus DC-5500. I have it and even the washers accessories look the same. Only difference I see is my volute is black.
    Here's my review on marine depot:
    Comments: For DC-5500 I've only had this pump running for a week or two so time will tell how it does long term. I'm a little skeptical it will last because the housing is some really cheap plastic which is why I took off a star. I would however certainly buy it again. It moves the water and love the DC features. The most impressive thing is how quiet it is. I've owned several external pumps from the Reeflo dart, Pan worlds and noisiest pump ever the Gen X and this pump is by far the quietest. I have a Red Dragon 1500 that makes a tad more noise than this pump and they are known for being super quiet. The only way I can even tell if it is running is to put my head inside the cabinet. Also not pictured it comes with a nice basket to keep critters and stuff out of the inlet.

By the way that ad says 220Volts... I see you're in WI.

11. Greg@LionfishLair

Greg@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Have you compared the pumps side-by-side, at least the construction? I'm hesitant to get one of the "knock-off" pumps, or are they all made at the same place, and then branded?

Altho I haven't seen any of these pumps "in person", the Jebao's LOOK kinda cheaply made from the photos...maybe it's the red plastic.

12. Toallhisdoom

From what I have read they are essentially all the same. Just re branded.