Returning a used vehicle....(No dice) day 4. And were done, finally!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by 4phish, Jul 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

I bought a used Dodge Ram today and am not happy with the truck. Can I return the truck and get my trade in back? I live in Kentucky and am not sure on the lemon laws here.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

4. 4phish

5. 4phish

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I know that in most states you have 30 days. I know that for sure for IN and WA states. If anything just call the dealership, they don't like to have a bad name because of one vehicle.

7. toua

toua Flamingo Tongue

really depends on how you bought it. usually if you just bought it off "some" lot then they won't do anything for you. if you bought it from a dealer (honda, lexus, ford, etc.) then they will usually have a 30 day if something is wrong with the car. however, even at the dealer if there was no warranty or sold to you as-is then they more than likely will not take it back and you will have to pay if you want them to fix it (this has happened to me before.)

8. Click Here!

9. 4phish

Their is a warranty on the truck and I havent given them my $1500 down payement yet.

10. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Just take it back to them. There doesn't even have to be anything wrong with the truck. Just say it isn't for you and take your trade back and go on about your day. I'm guessing that the dealership hasn't even heard back from the bank yet about your loan that they submitted. It really isn't that big of deal. I once had a car for about 25 days and took it back.

11. DRM

DRM Astrea Snail

You generally have a 3 day right of rescission - especially if you financed the vehicle. If you're not happy, get it back quickly.

12. 4phish

I called the dealership this morning (they were closed on sun.), making sure to get them right when they opened. Obviosly the salesman I purchased the truck from wasnt in so I left a message. I then called 2 more times and still nothing. It took him till 2 in the afternoon to get back to me. Even then he metioned nothing about my message. He just ask for the down payement. I told him my reason and that I watned my old truck back. He said it couldnt be done because all of the paperwork had been submitted. To which I said thats garbage, I havent given you any money yet. I then told him I would talk to my attorney and get back to him. After a second call, I was then told to talk to another service manager. After three calls, I never got a hold of him, I couldnt leave a message because his mailbox was full, so I just gave up for today. This is going to be harder than I thought!