Retro fit for 90 gal

Discussion in 'RapidLED' started by Overboard II, Nov 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

Hope to see my tank in a whole new light. I currently have 96w pc's and 2 t-5 h/o combo in my hood with fans all on timmers. I plan on keeping sps & lps would like to have the option to dim with an automatic controler. Which kit is available and what kind of power supply would I need.

2. Click Here!

3. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

For a 90g tank typically we recommend the 48 ultra premium dimmable kit, along with two 4.25" x 16" or 5.9" x 16" heatsinks. Additionally I'd get the DDC-01 controller if you want to the sunrise/sunset feature: Results for Daylight Lighting Controller

For optics I'd go with the 60 degree lenses, depending on the height of the lights above the water.

4. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

Thanks for your time and quick response.
    I have about 8" to from the inside top of the hood to the water. Also my tank has the brace in the center, so the two heat sinks would be nice.
    I'm a bit confused is the controller the power supply or do I still need a separate power supply? I like the idea of a remote. Can you control all functions with the remote?

5. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

I was just reading your instructions for the kit and I think
    I found out, power goes from wall plug to the controller then the drivers to leds. Am I correct?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  6. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Yes, power (via the 10V adapter) goes from the wall to the controller. The drivers are connected to the controllers, BUT the drivers are also plugged into the wall as well via a power cord (the driver itself just comes with bare wires, hence the need for the power cord).

7. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

Thanks much I'll be looking into my purchase soon. Any suggestions as for the assortment of colors.

8. Click Here!

9. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

What color temperature do you normally like on your tank?

10. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

Well my Son and Wife decided to get me a Christmas present and got me one of your kits, the 48 retro-fit dimmable with 80 degree optics 24 cw, 24 rb. I will be ordering a couple of heat sinks and am considering your controller with remote. I need to know if your controller has any kind of display? Also does it have an way to control the blue lights as moon lights?

11. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Sorry, but there's no display on the controller (mainly because you can't really customize much on the unit). The moonlight (assuming you're getting one our moonlight drivers/kits) drivers aren't dimmable, so you wouldn't be able to hook that up to the controller (most people have them on a separate timer to come on when the regular lights cut off).

12. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

Thanks I'll be considering it anyway.