replacement bulbs for coralife pro

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by emshofk, Mar 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. emshofk

emshofk Astrea Snail

I have a 180 with mostly softies and a few fish. going to progress very slowly up the scale after a very expensive meat coral just went south for unknown reasons. Probably will stay away from the most demanding and difficult corals to keep. One of my True Actinic 03 Blue bulbs has gone nearly out after only a few months of use. I run the metal halides for just a few hours a day due to the cost of running them. I was looking on line for replacement bulbs and was entertaining the thought of replacing 2 blue bulbs with whiter bulbs for a more pleasing look. then i saw that there are 50/50 bulbs. Any thoughts? The tank is 72 inches long and the light assembly has 4 double bulbs with 3 halides and 4 moon led's. Also any thoughts on the best place to buy?

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

With the MH there should be no need for white or 50/50 bulbs. If you want a little brighter look replace the actinic with pure blue bulbs like ATI Blue Plus or Geisemann Actinic+. Reef Geek and Aqua Cave are good places to look for bulbs.