Removing salt stains from dress pants?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bc219, Jan 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bc219

bc219 Millepora

So my man wears suits to work and since we have so much snow here, and then of course salt to melt the ice, he's been getting a lot of salt stains on his suit pants.

I've taken them to the dry cleaners where they have removed most of the stains yet they are returning them to me with the little tag that says "sorry but we can't get all of this stain out."

I've been googling all morning and have found few suggestions, most are to soak them in a vinegar/water solution (funny because that's what I do with my reef stuff) and one that said to use CLR.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

either clr or vinegar should work!(clr is not reef safe though...use only for the pants)

4. bc219

bc219 Millepora

Lol thanks, yea I don't think I'd want to CLR my pumps or anything.

I can't believe as many men are on this site, and really, people in general, that no one has ever had this problem before?!!?

5. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

No snow here, so no salt either :p. And I definitely don't mess with the tank with nice clothes :cheesy:.

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

You tuck your suit pants into your socks or you get taller rubber overshoes to protect both your shoes and your pants.