Removal

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by scotto, Apr 15, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scotto

scotto Plankton

what is the best way to remove say, a mushroom and a carnation from a rock. the carnation has been there for about two and a half weeks, and the mushroom a little over a week. also if i want to reduce the size of some rocks, by doing so will it trigger another cyle, or a mini-cycle or something like that?

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i never fragged before but i would say thats how you would go about removing it, with a razor blade maby. as far as splitting your lr if fully cured it should not affect it as a cylcle and should be ok

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah that's it. Use a new razor blade. Cut it off and secure to a new rock with a 'wedding veil' plastic mesh and secure with a rubber band. The mesh should be just tight enough to hold the mushrooms down. Or you can use super glue.

While you're at it you can cut the mushroom in quarters to get more shrooms.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

As karlas said, if you break the rock quickly and put it back in the tank, the rubble is great for fragging and pod production, you shuldn't get a new cycle if the LR is fully cured to begin with.

6. scotto

scotto Plankton

can you give me some detailed instructions on how to cut the mushrooms? it sounds like something i would go for. as for removing them off the rock, do i just cut the shroom as close to the foot as possible? i tottally appreciate it.

7. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Here you go my friend. A website that shows you how to make 4 shrooms out of 1.

Have fun. Happy reefing. And here's some karma for saving a reef by building your own. ;)

8. Click Here!

9. scotto

scotto Plankton

what webiste? am i missing something? thanks for the karma!

10. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

yep dave i think u forgot your link :eek:

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=scotto link=board=ASAP;num=1082084546;start=0#6 date=04/29/04 at 20:08:19]what webiste? am i missing something? thanks for the karma![/quote]

Send David a IM
    or check this out.
    http://www.garf.org/trever/MUSH.html