remote fuge/dsb

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by 00nothing, Aug 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 00nothing

00nothing Astrea Snail

with the new system i am setting up it will have a remote fuge/dsb by remote i mena a seperate tank jsut for that purpose

jsut wondering if anyone else is running one and do u prefer it to having it built into the sump

my thoughts when designing it were that i can shut it down at anytime i need to in the event it becomes infested with nuisance algaes and also i can allow slower flow thru it increasing contact time which in turn increases its actual functionality

heres a bad diagram of the new setup
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I like that in the sense that you can make the fuge as large as you like. Mine was cramped into whatever space I could spare in the sump/fuge.

Better still would be if you could even it up with the display tank (I know that is a little more difficult) and pump water into the fuge and have if gravity flow back into the tank. More diversity of life will actually make it back to the main tank. As opposed to being sent via time warp through the return pump. ;D